WHY CHOOSE US?
- Nobody schedules an accident. Drop in and get an estimate.
- We are certified to return your vehicle to better than it was before the accident!
- We will answer any and all questions you have regarding your repairs, costs and the best options
- to get your car back to safe road worthy condition.
- We are approved by many insurance providers.
- We deal directly with the insurance companies to speed up the process.
- We have dedicated and proud staff that won't let anything less than perfect out of the shop.
- We do everything we can to make sure you drive away satisfied!
We offer many services:
- Bumper Repair
- Auto Paint Repair
- Auto Painting
- Fender Repair
- Collision Repair
- Scrape Repair
- Dent & Ding Repair
- Hail Damage Repair
- PDR (Paintless Dent Repair)
- Windshield & Glass Repair
- Old fashion sheet metal repair
WHAT TO DO IF A COLLISION OCCURS
In the event of a collision, and if there has been an injury, call emergency services for help. Do not leave the scene of a crash until all matters have been taken care of. Move the vehicle only if its position puts you in danger, or you are instructed to move it by a police officer. Give only the necessary information to police and other parties involved in the crash.
Active Protection Plan OnStar** account holders have access to a comprehensive, in-vehicle system that can connect to a live Advisor for emergency, security, navigation, connection, and diagnostic services. With Automatic Crash Response, the built-in system can automatically connect you to help in the event of a crash, even if you cannot ask for it. GPS technology is used to identify the vehicle location and can provide critical information to emergency personnel. The Advisor is also trained to offer critical assistance in emergency situations. You can push your OnStar button or call call 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827); to speak to an Advisor. For more information, visit OnStar.com.
Visit OnStar.com for vehicle availability, details, and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data.
1. If your vehicle cannot be driven, know where the towing service will be taking it. Get a card from the tow truck operator or write down the driver’s name, the service’s name, and phone number.
2. Choose a reputable collision repair facility for your vehicle. Whether you select a Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac dealer, or a private collision repair facility to fix the damage, make sure you’re comfortable with your choice.
3. Remove any valuables from your vehicle before it’s towed away. Make sure this includes your insurance information and registration if you keep these items in your vehicle.
4. If possible, call your insurance company from the scene of the accident. They’ll walk you through the information they’ll need. If they ask for a police report, don’t worry. Just call or go to the police department’s headquarters and you can get a copy of the report.
5. You’ll need to gather the following important information from the other driver:
- Driver’s name, address, and telephone number
- Driver’s license number
- Owner name, address, and telephone number
- Vehicle license plate number
- Vehicle make, model, and model year
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Insurance company and policy number
- General description of the damage to the other vehicle
6. If you have a question about your estimate, don’t be afraid to ask for an explanation. Reputable shops welcome this opportunity. The only way to make sure you get Genuine GM Parts is to ask for them yourself. Ask your insurance agent and collision repair facility representative if your vehicle will be repaired with Genuine GM Parts. If the answer is yes, then you’ll be getting the value, safety, endurance, and peace of mind you expect. If they say imitation parts might be used, you have the right to refuse them. It’s your choice.